Here are some ideas to help you get the meal on the table and enjoy your day.
- Create a menu ahead of time. Plan to buy ingredients over several trips to the store instead of in one trip.
- Prep and cook ahead as much as you can. Desserts can often be made ahead and prepping for side dishes will save you time.
- Delegate. If someone offers to help, let them.
- Set the table early. Take the time to make it pretty before you are too busy in the kitchen.
- Keep people out of the kitchen (unless they are helping). Set up drinks and appetizers in another room.
- Take notes. You won’t remember what went right or wrong a year from now.
- Remember to spend time with your family! That is what it’s all about.