Do You Need to File an Extension?

The IRS allows you to file a six month extension up to the April 15th tax deadline. You may need to file an extension if:

  • You don’t have all of the information you need to complete your taxes
  • You will be on vacation during the tax deadline
  • You just need more time to prepare

Keep in mind that an extension gives you more time to file your taxes, not more time to pay. If you file an extension, you need to estimate the taxes you may owe and pay them by April 15th.

Contact Jellison CPA if you think you need to file an extension.